Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Congrats You Have Cancer Day!


My wife and I no longer celebrate Valentine's Day. It holds no special value to either of us because something else far more personal and shared took place that day. 6 years back we had just started dating and I asked her out for Valentine's. At the same time I was starting to feel very weak and sick pretty much all the time. The day before Valentine's I went to the hospital to see what was going on where I found out I had very little blood in my body and needed a transfusion. That brings us to Valentine's Day. My then friend had come over that evening along with my family and while she was there the doctor came in to tell me I had Leukemia. What followed was months of chemo and treatments and fevers and crappiness all around except for her being there and helping me through it.

As a result we celebrate that "great" news I received every year since because 1. I'm still alive and 2. she is the reason why. For this year I had been working on this piece for quite some time to give to her. She's a Harry Potter nut so there she is with her beautiful yet ferocious patronus. Happy to report that she was quite fond of it as well. Happy Congrats You Have Cancer Day, Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment